Would you like to be part of a revolutionary and innovative new concept unseen in the UK and Europe?
Our client is taking inspiration from the quick service sushi restaurants of Japan, and are introducing cutting edge service, operations and food service automation technology to create an original and exciting experience for guests.
Aiming to fundamentally change the sushi (restaurant) market, and we are looking for someone to join them on this journey as they revolutionise the Sushi sector.
We are looking for a Head/Exec chef who will not only have the freedom to lead the kitchen, menus and food offering, but to take an active role in delivering and growing the business
(9 sites targeted within 5 years in London and opportunities for ownership etc)
Naturally we are looking for a Chef with the required skills and experience to run a top-quality sushi kitchen, but we are just as keen to find someone to actively contribute to the growth of the concept, business and operation to grow rapidly and have an amazing time in the process.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, creative and strategic in the kitchen with the desire to grow as a chef and professional.
How your relationship will look:
As well as salary and benefits comparable to any top sushi kitchen in London, there will be a (protected) profit share model, and in the case of Head/Exec Chef there will be the opportunity to earn equity in the business for growth milestones achieved. A normal bonus structure will be in place for kitchen performance, but they are much more interested in sharing in the longer term successes and achievements of the business.
Automatic salary increases will be tied to openings and a move to full Exec/Group Chef will be targeted with 12-18 months (in line with growth plans and performance).
Requirements and Skills:
- High level of experience working in busy sushi sections
- Easily able to switch between and teach sushi sections and hots with an expert level of knife skills, prep and eye for detail
- Eye for detail and consistency with an ability to create perfectly presented sushi
- Advanced culinary/sushi/Japanese cooking and kitchen management knowledge is expected in this position
- Plan, organize, control and direct the work of kitchen team responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality, consistency, efficiency and innovation
- Train and manage all members of the kitchen team.
- Manage weekly stocks, including ordering and stock rotation, and inventories, rotas and reporting
- 28 days holiday and flexibility whenever we can
- Working directly with owner
- Staff events, days out and perks/benefits platform
- Service charge
- Profit Share
- Equity opportunities (earned as reward, not buy in)
- Discounts and meals on shift
- Wellness Days
- Funded training & development opportunities
- Constructive and regular performance review system for progression
- And much more….
If you are interested or intrigued by this opportunity, we’d love to talk further.