Are you an experienced and driven Operations Manager looking for an exciting opportunity? Join one of London’s most vibrant and iconic Street food markets, as the Operations Manager. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth operation of the market, maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for customers, and driving sustainable practices.
- Manage and lead the cleaning and security teams, ensuring daily tasks are carried out efficiently and to the required standard.
- Act as a problem solver for any issues not resolved by Market Team Leaders, ensuring smooth operations throughout the market.
- Set up traders appropriately every day and enforce Trader Regulations when necessary, maintaining a fair and organised trading environment.
- Manage external supplier contracts, ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and cost-effective, while upholding the Market’s values.
- Collaborate with the team to develop specifications for tendering relevant Market contracts, such as waste management and equipment supplies, ensuring efficient and cost-effective procurement.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, cleanliness, and environmental standards, keeping all legal obligations regarding the market operation up to date with the necessary paperwork.
- Develop an Operations Manual for the benefit of current and future teams, providing clear guidelines and processes.
- Continually assess site logistics and identify areas for improvement, implementing positive changes to optimise operations.
- Assist in site logistics planning, considering the broader plans and objectives of the Trust.
- Monitor the budget and identify potential savings.
- Provide appropriate training to operations team members, arranging refresher training as needed and engaging external providers when required.
- Manage contractor risk assessments, insurance documents, and work permits for all works on-site, ensuring compliance and safety.
- Previous experience in a similar environment, ideally with strong links to the food / hospitality sector.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and customer-focused approach within a best practice framework.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise, and meet deadlines within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, remaining resilient with a “can do” attitude.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, motivating and building morale within teams.
Status of Role:
- This is a full-time permanent position, with weekend and evening work required.
Join the team and contribute to its sustainable vision of delivering quality produce in a safe space, providing an exceptional customer experience.
Please visit our website for full listings of all our current job roles
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that only successful candidates will be contacted