Main responsibilities of the Sous Chef include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef and the Senior Sous Chef in being responsible for the management of all food production to clients within the hotel.
- Supervise in the preparation of regular food items, daily specialities and any other special functions. (i.e. Banqueting).
- Check all food deliveries for quality and maintain close liaison with Purchasing Department.
- Encourage and support members of the brigade by motivating them and whenever possible, personally show example and follow up the progress made.
- Complete on a weekly basis, departmental timesheets, ensuring that all absenteeism, sickness, holidays, and overtime are properly recorded and authorised by the Executive Chef.
- Contribute to maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Sous Chef will demonstrate genuine dedication to the hotel and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.